cable preacher curl
The preacher curl is a classic exercise for building bigger biceps. This variation is performed on the cables with the EZ Bar attachment. This move is all about isolation. With the back of the upper arms against the pad, it’s next to impossible to cheat. Go light, get a great pump, and build that peak!
CABLE PREACHER CURL BENEFITS:
- Great exercise to isolate the biceps
- Less strain on wrists and elbows than a straight bar
- Eliminates momentum for a stricter movement
- Cables maintains constant tension throughout the entire movement
Video Source: Health Hunt
- Type: Strength
- Main Muscle Worked: Biceps
- Equipment: Cables
- Level: Intermediate
STEP BY STEP GUIDE:
- Adjust the seat on the preacher bench so that your upper arms sit comfortably on the padding when seated.
- Load the desired weight on the cables
- Sit on the preacher bench and grip the EZ Bar attachment with your hands shoulder width apart using an underhand (palms facing up) grip.
- Keeping your back straight and eyes facing forwards, take the weight off the rack so you’re supporting it with your arms slightly bent. This is the starting position.
- Slowly raise the weight until your forearms are at a right angle to the floor.
- Squeeze the bicep at the top of the movement, and then slowly lower it back to the starting position.
REPEAT FOR DESIRED REPS