DUMBBELL BENCH PRESS
The dumbbell bench press is a mainstay of workout enthusiasts worldwide. It’s a classic move for building a bigger, stronger chest. As such, it’s often placed first in mass-building chest workouts.
DUMBBELL BENCH PRESS BENEFITS:
- Builds bigger pectorals
- Also works the triceps and deltoids, particularly the front heads
- One side can’t compensate for the other, as in the barbell bench press
Video Source: Mind Pump TV
- Type: Strength
- Main Muscle Worked: Chest
- Equipment: Dumbbell
- Level: Intermediate
STEP BY STEP GUIDE:
- Lie on the bench with a dumbbell in each hand and your feet flat on the floor.
- Push the dumbbells up so that your arms are directly over your shoulders and your palms are up.
- Pull your abdominals in, and tilt your chin toward your chest.
- Lower the dumbbells down and a little to the side until your elbows are slightly below your shoulders.
- Roll your shoulder blades back and down, like you’re pinching them together and accentuating your chest.
- Push the weights back up, taking care not to lock your elbows or allow your shoulder blades to rise off the bench.
Repeat for desired reps